Self-Compassion: The Rx for Breaking the Self-Sabotage Cycle
Do you often wonder what your career would be like a few years from now?
TBH, this thought haunts everyone. Tackling failures, feeling a loss of direction, experiencing the inability to focus, and many more challenges leave people broken. And if someone reaches a stage of hopelessness, escaping reality seems like the only way.
But the first thing you need to accept in such a situation is that you’re not alone. There are probably hundreds in the same boat as you, and all you need to believe is that this is just a rough phase that will pass.
Here we’ve outlined a few tips that will help charge you up. So are you ready?
Break the habit of self-comparison
Regardless of how confident we generally are, at some point, we start comparing our lives with others who might appear more successful. We think doing so will somehow push us more and bring the best out of us, but believe us, it won’t.
So instead of the self-comparison method, why not try something new? Open your arms, and give yourself a hug. Self-acceptance is the key.
Let’s say you want to quit a bad habit. Won’t it be a great start if you just embraced who you are without criticizing yourself? Charge yourself with self-compassion, and you can find your way out of any darkness.
6 tips to embrace the defeat and move on
We think you’ll find these tips exceptionally helpful:
- Accept your mistakes, learn from them, and put them in your past. Don’t judge yourself too much. What’s done is done.
- Sometimes, instead of worrying about how far you must go to achieve a goal, you must look behind and see how far you’ve come. It will ignite the fire in you to do even better.
- Came across an opportunity that seems a bit too challenging? Maybe a twist of perspective can help! Why not see a possibility in problems. Won’t that be much better? Grab every opportunity that comes in your way. But be wise in choosing. Take note of the challenges, their solutions, or other possibilities in your way.
- Here’s a rule you must stick to: You have to accept that success and failure are a combo pack. You can’t escape one if you want the other.
- Did you have a setback and are looking for someone to take your hand and pull you out? The best person who can help you is YOU. Have some consoling self-talk. Convince yourself that you can do it again, and you can do it better despite the odds.
Wrapping it up
Take a deep breath and start over again. It’s not the end of the road, so it’s not the time to give up. You need to fight back. Follow these tips and you’ll be amazed at the twist your life takes in the near future.
More in Career
Biggest Real Estate Industry Myths, Debunked! Plus, How to Start a Career in this Lucrative Field
Not many fresh graduates would consider real estate as their first career choice since this industry was branded as unstructured and...September 24, 2020
Thinking of a Career Change At the Time of the Pandemic? Here’s What You Need to Know
There may be no better time to think of a career change than now. After all, the uncertainty brought about by...September 24, 2020
Effective Tips On How to Change Careers During The Pandemic
Coronavirus has impacted the lives of everyone in this world. No-one could have imagined in 2019 that the major parts of...September 21, 2020
Thinking of Pursuing a Career in Agriculture? Take a Look at These Tips First
Competition in the employment sector has always been fierce, and things have only worsened because of the pandemic. Getting jobs has...September 18, 2020
The Most Secret Advice That Can Change Your Career Forever
Have you ever wondered what makes the most successful people prosperous? Is it the loads of money they make? Is it...September 17, 2020
This Advice From Oprah Winfrey Will Change Your Career & Life
Life can often become burdensome, and when it starts to get to you, you may feel like giving up. But no...September 17, 2020
Seven Mortgage Tips For Smart Borrowers With Bad Credit
Are you seeking advice to refinance your mortgage? Refinancing with bad credit is no more a matter of concern. With significant...August 31, 2020
Career At A Dead-End? Here Are 6 Expert Tips To Help You Relaunch Your Career
If you have decided to leave your current job behind with the hope of doing something that matters more, the first...August 30, 2020
Retirement 102: Tips on Saving More for High Net Worth Individuals
Reaching the age of retirement and actually retiring is a huge achievement almost for everyone. Unfortunately, it’s a crossroads that numerous...August 29, 2020