Self-Compassion: The Rx for Breaking the Self-Sabotage Cycle
Do you often wonder what your career would be like a few years from now?
TBH, this thought haunts everyone. Tackling failures, feeling a loss of direction, experiencing the inability to focus, and many more challenges leave people broken. And if someone reaches a stage of hopelessness, escaping reality seems like the only way.
But the first thing you need to accept in such a situation is that you’re not alone. There are probably hundreds in the same boat as you, and all you need to believe is that this is just a rough phase that will pass.
Here we’ve outlined a few tips that will help charge you up. So are you ready?
Break the habit of self-comparison
Regardless of how confident we generally are, at some point, we start comparing our lives with others who might appear more successful. We think doing so will somehow push us more and bring the best out of us, but believe us, it won’t.
So instead of the self-comparison method, why not try something new? Open your arms, and give yourself a hug. Self-acceptance is the key.
Let’s say you want to quit a bad habit. Won’t it be a great start if you just embraced who you are without criticizing yourself? Charge yourself with self-compassion, and you can find your way out of any darkness.
6 tips to embrace the defeat and move on
We think you’ll find these tips exceptionally helpful:
- Accept your mistakes, learn from them, and put them in your past. Don’t judge yourself too much. What’s done is done.
- Sometimes, instead of worrying about how far you must go to achieve a goal, you must look behind and see how far you’ve come. It will ignite the fire in you to do even better.
- Came across an opportunity that seems a bit too challenging? Maybe a twist of perspective can help! Why not see a possibility in problems. Won’t that be much better? Grab every opportunity that comes in your way. But be wise in choosing. Take note of the challenges, their solutions, or other possibilities in your way.
- Here’s a rule you must stick to: You have to accept that success and failure are a combo pack. You can’t escape one if you want the other.
- Did you have a setback and are looking for someone to take your hand and pull you out? The best person who can help you is YOU. Have some consoling self-talk. Convince yourself that you can do it again, and you can do it better despite the odds.
Wrapping it up
Take a deep breath and start over again. It’s not the end of the road, so it’s not the time to give up. You need to fight back. Follow these tips and you’ll be amazed at the twist your life takes in the near future.
More in Career
3 Sagacious Bits of Finacial Advice to Follow in 2022 & Beyond
Kicking off the new year, 2022, you may have been bombarded with financial advice as new year resolutions. There is no...February 28, 2022
It’s Official! Money Struggles are Linked With Poor Mental Health
Let’s be honest! We don’t need research or study to tell us that struggles with money are linked to our mental...February 24, 2022
Here’s the Question You Must Ask If You Seek to Impress Your Prospective Employer
Interviews can be daunting for you. After all, your future employer is going to judge you, and if you get employed,...February 22, 2022
Dos and Don’ts During Stock Market Crash
A stock market crash occurs when the market index drops severely in a day or a few weeks of trading. These...February 13, 2022
Writing a Kick-Ass Business Plan
When starting a business, the first and foremost thing you’d require is a business plan. A business plan acts as a...February 7, 2022
5 Concrete Actions to Protect Your Wealth With Inflation Upsurge
If the COVID-19 pandemic was not enough of a challenge, inflation comes into play to worsen the financial crisis. In October...February 6, 2022
Want to Boost Your Career as an IT Contractor? Here Are Top 3 Proven Tips For You
The most accepting truth of this era is nothing else, but the tech industry is growing by leaps and bounds. Likewise,...January 27, 2022
A Demotion Is a Huge Career Blow – Here’s How You Can Get Back on Track
All employees want to be promoted — that is, climbing the ladder has always been on the vision board of every...January 21, 2022
Clever Money-Saving Tips To Get You Through 2022 And Deliver Big Returns In The Long Run
You must be familiar with simple money-saving tips such as bringing your lunch, buying your items from seasonal sales or shutting...January 17, 2022