Self-Compassion: The Rx for Breaking the Self-Sabotage Cycle
Do you often wonder what your career would be like a few years from now?
TBH, this thought haunts everyone. Tackling failures, feeling a loss of direction, experiencing the inability to focus, and many more challenges leave people broken. And if someone reaches a stage of hopelessness, escaping reality seems like the only way.
But the first thing you need to accept in such a situation is that you’re not alone. There are probably hundreds in the same boat as you, and all you need to believe is that this is just a rough phase that will pass.
Here we’ve outlined a few tips that will help charge you up. So are you ready?
Break the habit of self-comparison
Regardless of how confident we generally are, at some point, we start comparing our lives with others who might appear more successful. We think doing so will somehow push us more and bring the best out of us, but believe us, it won’t.
So instead of the self-comparison method, why not try something new? Open your arms, and give yourself a hug. Self-acceptance is the key.
Let’s say you want to quit a bad habit. Won’t it be a great start if you just embraced who you are without criticizing yourself? Charge yourself with self-compassion, and you can find your way out of any darkness.
6 tips to embrace the defeat and move on
We think you’ll find these tips exceptionally helpful:
- Accept your mistakes, learn from them, and put them in your past. Don’t judge yourself too much. What’s done is done.
- Sometimes, instead of worrying about how far you must go to achieve a goal, you must look behind and see how far you’ve come. It will ignite the fire in you to do even better.
- Came across an opportunity that seems a bit too challenging? Maybe a twist of perspective can help! Why not see a possibility in problems. Won’t that be much better? Grab every opportunity that comes in your way. But be wise in choosing. Take note of the challenges, their solutions, or other possibilities in your way.
- Here’s a rule you must stick to: You have to accept that success and failure are a combo pack. You can’t escape one if you want the other.
- Did you have a setback and are looking for someone to take your hand and pull you out? The best person who can help you is YOU. Have some consoling self-talk. Convince yourself that you can do it again, and you can do it better despite the odds.
Wrapping it up
Take a deep breath and start over again. It’s not the end of the road, so it’s not the time to give up. You need to fight back. Follow these tips and you’ll be amazed at the twist your life takes in the near future.
More in Career
How to Make To-Do Lists Work For You and Get Things Done
When you’re overwhelmed with so much stuff to do, one of the ways most people turn to organize their life is...February 17, 2021
Career At A Dead-End? Here Are 6 Expert Tips To Help You Relaunch Your Career
If you have decided to leave your current job behind with the hope of doing something that matters more, the first...February 11, 2021
Seven Mortgage Tips For Smart Borrowers With Bad Credit
Are you seeking advice to refinance your mortgage? Refinancing with bad credit is no more a matter of concern. With significant...February 5, 2021
Kelly Clarkson Reduces L.A. Mansion asking Price By $1 Million
2002 marked the year that Kelly Clarkson won American Idol, and ever since then, every playlist remains incomplete without a couple...February 2, 2021
Mark Cuban’s Top 5 Financial Wellness Tips
Before becoming a billionaire, Mark Cuban remembers the struggle in his 20s when it would be difficult to make ends meet....January 28, 2021
Shopping For New Windows? You Need to Have a Look at These Tips First
When redecorating your home, revamping the windows is one of the most crucial steps. A simple enhancement of the windows and...January 22, 2021
This Small Investment Will Set Your Career
In 2020, many people struggled with their careers. Millions globally even lost their jobs, and Singaporeans were no exception. Therefore, SAP...January 22, 2021
Tesla Enters S&P 500 Stocks – Here’s What You Need to Know!
Even though the U.S. economy entered a downturn recently, the securities exchange has been on fire. And one of its breakout...January 20, 2021
Is Valedictorian Enough to Succeed in Life?
In the modern world, especially in less developed countries, students are gauged and valued upon their school performance. This is ofttimes...January 19, 2021